Richard Seltzer's home page  Publishing home

What's Your Problem

By Inushoujo Sakura Akina, CatLuver08@aol.com

Chapter 8:

Sleep in his Arms


This Fanfic is a good Kagome/Inuyasha where Kag isn't a halfdemon (as far as I know). That might change in later chapters but seems good so far. Tim Seltzer, seltzer@seltzerbooks.com


Disclaimer: Inuyasha is mine! *Lawyers come out and surround me* No, he is mine. I'll never give him up. *Cops come and handcuff me* Fine you can have him, but one day he Will be mine and no one can stop me. *Cops take off handcuffs and walk away not paying any attention to me. Lawyers sigh and back off* Yes! I'm free, time to go make a new plan. Inuyasha is Rumiko Takahashi's, not mine.


I thank all of you wonderful people who are nice enough to review. I guess my story is good since no one has flamed me yet. If anyone has something bad to say about my story please tell me. I won't be mad I just want to no what are all of your thoughts not just the good ones.

"blah"-talking

'blah'-talking

(blah)-authoress talking

Inuyasha jumped out of the Bone-Eaters Well in the well house while holding onto Kagome. He set her down on the ground and they walked together from the well house to Kagome's house. Kagome held onto Inuyasha's hand since it was dark out. Inuyasha could see a lot better in the dark than she could and because the well house and her house weren't that close together. As soon as Inuyasha walked into the door Sota ran over to him and started asking him questions a mile-a-minute. Kagome yelled at her brother and told him to leave Inuyasha alone. Then she drug Inuyasha upstairs to her room because she had promised her mom that she would finish her homework and she didn't want to leave him alone with her younger brother.

Kagome told Inuyasha that he could do whatever he wanted to. He just sat down on the floor be Kagome's door. She said that he could sit on the bed if he wanted to be more comfortable. He didn't move. She decided not to argue. She sat down at her desk and started on her homework. Kagome sighed as she thought about how much homework she still had to do. While she was doing her math her mind started to wander after the third problem. She was thinking about one big problem that she had. Inuyasha. She would have to leave him at home while she went to school and that was going to take a lot of bribing. Inuyasha had always hated it when she went of to school. Even if he agreed to let her go she would have to make sure that he didn't try to 'visit' her at school or try to follow her there. She wouldn't really mind but her friends would be all over him and the fact that he is a hanyou did play a role. Not that many people believe that demons exist. Why did her life have to be so weird? Well actually she was glad that it was because if it wasn't that would mean that she would have never met Inuyasha. Now that she thought about it fate had brought her and Inuyasha together. She knew that because when she first met Inuyasha he was pinned to the sacred tree, but 500 years into the future which is in her time there was no half demon pinned to the tree by her house which meant that Inuyasha was freed and the only person that can free him is her since she is Kikyo's reincarnation. She realized now after thinking about that it is kind of complicated. (I'm sorry if what I just wrote is confusing. I kinda confused myself when I wrote it. I wanted to put that in my story because I was watching the first episode of Inuyasha today and just realized that. So I just wanted to tell other people that don't know. And it was only my second time watching the first episode when I realized that. Go me.) Kagome sighed again before getting back to work.

An hour later Kagome stopped her work and looked back at Inuyasha. He was leaning against the wall, sitting Indian-style, arms crossed against his chest, and eyes closed. She knew he was awake because she saw his dog ears twitching at the slightest sounds made by her. She thought that his ears were so cute. She wanted to pet the real bad, but was afraid that Inuyasha would get a little mad. He had said before that his ears were sensitive and he didn't like people touching them. She didn't know that Inuyasha real liked Kagome touching his ears but no one else. He didn't even like it when Kikyo touched his ears. Kagome's stomach growled and she giggled a little when both of Inuyasha's ears swiveled in her direction.

"Guess I'm hungry," she mumbled aloud to herself. Inuyasha growled to himself a little when he heard her say that. He forgot that she would be getting hungry soon. He was ashamed that he didn't think about her and her needs. He better start so he can be ready when.

"Hey Inuyasha," Kagome said.

"Hn?"

"Do you want to go down stairs and get something to eat for dinner? I don't know about you but I'm starving."

"Fine," Inuyasha replied.

"Okay," Kagome said. She pulled him up and pulled him down the steps into the kitchen with her. She didn't even ask Inuyasha what he wanted, only because she already knew. She took out the two bowls and two sets of chopsticks. She set them on the counter and started to make dinner. Kagome didn't set them table since she wanted to eat in her room where Inuyasha might feel a little more comfortable. When the food was done Kagome filled her bowl full and Inuyasha's even fuller. (Confusing?) She told Inuyasha to head back upstairs to her room and sit on her bed. She followed right behind him carrying the two bowls.

"Here's your ramen Inuyasha," Kagome said as she handed him his huge bowl of ramen. Kagome sat down next to him and ate her ramen in silence. When she noticed that Inuyasha was done and starting at his empty bowl like more ramen was going to magically appear Kagome gave him the rest of her ramen. She didn't mind, she was full anyway. When Inuyasha finished the rest of her ramen Kagome took the dirty dishes downstairs and put them in the sink. She would wash them later. When she got back upstairs Inuyasha was still on her bed but had moved so he could lean against the wall. Kagome saw out of the corner of her eye that Inuyasha was watching her every move. She went over to her desk so she could study for her math test tomorrow. After about an hour or so she started to feel uncomfortable because the whole time after she took the dishes downstairs Inuyasha had been watching/staring at her, which kind of freaked her out. She couldn't see him but she felt him looking at her. She decided to just ignore the feeling and get back to her homework. An hour and a half later Kagome started to doze off. Her head was leaning on her hand which was being propped up by her elbow while she was snoozing. All of a sudden Kagome jolted awake when her head slipped of off her hand. It had startled her. "Wha?" Kagome mumbled starting to doze off again. 'I guess I better go to bed,' Kagome looked at her clock. It read 9:51 pm. 'Now I know I should go to bed. It is almost 10 o'clock and I have to be up by 5:45 am so I can study a little more for math.'

Kagome got up from her desk and walked over to her closet. She picked out a pair of pick pajamas with cats all over them. She went to the bathroom and changed. When she came back she walked over to the bed. Inuyasha looked relaxed and she didn't want to move him from her bed and there was no room for her to lie down on the bed with him sitting on it too. So Kagome slowly crawled onto her bed and then onto Inuyasha's lap. She adjusted herself and leaned into his chest. Inuyasha's arms went around her waist so he could hold onto her. Kagome felt good and safe in his arms. She lifted her head up so she could see his face. He looked down at her. The brought his face down to hers. Their lips were only centimeters apart. Inuyasha closed what little space was remaining by bringing his lips down on Kagome's lips softly. Kagome kissed him back eagerly. Inuyasha was the one to pull away. He gave Kagome a slight hug. She understood that it meant she should go to sleep. Kagome slouched down. She tried to fall asleep, but couldn't. she tried not to move but couldn't help it, she started to finish.

"Go to sleep Kagome," Inuyasha told her softly.

"I'm trying," Kagome said.

"Try harder. It's too late for you to be up," Inuyasha said.

"I know I should go to sleep, but I just can't," Kagome said.

"Well then do something to make you tired," Inuyasha suggested.

"Fine," as Kagome replied she turned herself around so that she was still sitting in Inuyasha's lap, but now she was facing him. She brought one of her hands up to his head and started rubbing one of his ears. She kept on rubbing his ear then used both hands to rub each of his ears. Finally Kagome had got what she had been waiting for. A deep purr like growl came from Inuyasha's chest. She smiled to herself. Inuyasha finally realized that's what she wanted him to do, purr/growl, so when Kagome pulled her hands away from his ears he kept on making the growling like noise that soothed Kagome. Inuyasha made a mental note on that. Within minutes Kagome had fallen asleep. Her head rested against Inuyasha's chest and her arms around his neck. Not long afterwards Inuyasha fell asleep with his head on resting on Kagome's head and his arms around her waist.


ring. Ring. RIng. RINg. RING! ring. Ring. RIng. RINg. RING!

Kagome woke up to the annoying ring of her alarm clock. Inuyasha jolted awake thinking that someone was attacking them because of the alarm which he had not known of and the dream he had just awoken from. Kagome slowly got off of Inuyasha's lap so she could shut off her alarm but that wasn't fast enough for Inuyasha. He grabbed the very, very annoying alarm clock and chucked it onto the ground. Then he started jumping on it saying, "Stupid thing shut up. Shut up, shut up, shut up. You stupid piece of shit." Finally the clock couldn't take any more abuse from the angry hanyou and stopped.

"Inuyasha! Look what you did to my alarm clock. I cant believe you did it again. I told you not to break any more of my alarm clocks," Kagome yelled at him. Starting a morning off by making Kagome mad was not a good thing.

"Feh. It was being stupid. It woke me up," Inuyasha said defending himself.

"Id did that because it was supposed to. I had it set so it would go off and wake me up a little earlier than usual so I can study more," Kagome said.

"You study too much Kagome!"

"I have to keep up with my school work or people will start thinking that something is terribly wrong with me, 'Although grandpa does tell people things. Why cant he just say I have the flu or pneumonia.', I'll get held back, and if I fail a grade, class, or more than 5 tests since I met you then my mom wont let me go to the feudal era anymore. Now you know why it is so important for me to study. You can go back to sleep or sit here for an hour while I study for my math test today. I don't care do whatever you want. Oh and if you were wondering why I'm studying for my math test is because I'm not that good at math so I have to study extra hard," Kagome said as she pulled out her math book so she could practice what she needed to know for the test.

Inuyasha sat on the bed, again, while Kagome studied for an hour. At 6:00 a.m. to take a shower. She told Inuyasha to just stay in her room. After Kagome got out of the shower she realized that she hadn't brought a pair of her school uniforms to change into. She wrapped a fluffy pink towel around herself and headed out of the bathroom and into her room. Inuyasha stared at her. His eyes followed her every move which made her blush and feel self- conscious. Inuyasha got off of the bed and walked over to her. He embraced her, her back to his chest. (Can you picture that?) Kagome turned around so she could face him. She stood up on tip toe and kissed him. He kissed her back. They started to kiss passionately. Kagome had her hands entwined in his hair and he had his hands around her waist and placed upon her back. They were so oblivious to the world around them that they didn't hear the door open.


CLIFFHANGER! What will happen? Want me to tell you? Sorry I can't. You will have to wait to see what happens. Oh and I wanted to tell you how happy I am now. I finally got the dumb disc for AOL in the mail. I now know why it took so long for it to come. It was sent from Nevada. Wow! That's far away, ain't it? Oh yeah let me get on about the fic. I really want more reviews. I have seen some people with over 1000 reviews! I want that many. But I won't be mean. I want at least 10 more reviews before I update. So if you want to find out what happens in the next chapter. Read & Review.

Ja Ne



What's Your Problem This story is incomplete. We'll post the rest as soon as it's ready.


Best Fanfics on the Web, selected by Tim
Tim Seltzer's page www.seltzerbooks.com/tim/timseltzer.html

seltzer@seltzerbooks.com  privacy statement

Google
  Webseltzerbooks.c