Richard Seltzer's home page  Publishing home

What's Your Problem

By Inushoujo Sakura Akina, CatLuver08@aol.com

Chapter 6:

A Talk With Friends


This Fanfic is a good Kagome/Inuyasha where Kag isn't a halfdemon (as far as I know). That might change in later chapters but seems good so far. Tim Seltzer, seltzer@seltzerbooks.com


Disclaimer: yeah, yeah same old. I don't own Inuyasha, Rumiko Takahashi does, don't make me feel any worse :(


"blah"-talking

'blah'-talking

(blah)-authoress talking

Near the well

"Yes I am!"

"No you're not!"

"Yes I am!"

"No you're not!"

"Why can't I go home?"

"Because I said so."

"That's no excuse Inuyasha."

"Yes it is."

"No it isn't."

"Yes it is."

"Inuyasha I have tests to study for and it will be easier to study at home. Besides I have time. I will come back when Miroku wakes up. You can come get me when he's up so we can go search for more shards right away," Kagome said starting to get impatient.

"No," Inuyasha said, "If you're here when Miroku gets up we'll be able to go shard hunting faster than me going to get you." Kagome 'hmphed' as he said that because she knew he was right.

"I don't care Inuyasha. I need to go home anyways. And when I say I need to go home I mean now! Don't make me say the 's' word," Kagome said getting angrier by the passing minutes.

"You are not going back to your time."

Yes. I. Am," Kagome said stressing each word saying them one at a time instead of one full sentence.

"No!" Inuyasha said firmly.

"Sit!" Kagome yelled. She took the moment to run off towards the well and jumped in.

"God damn her," Inuyasha said as he got up, "I'm going to get her and bring her back."

"Inuyasha I suggest that you wait awhile and let Kagome cool off before you go get her," Sango suggested as she walked over to the hanyou.

"Why should I wait?"

"Well if you go now Kagome will just get madder at you and I know you wouldn't want that to happen."

"Feh."

"That's what I thought. don't worry, I'll keep Shippo away from the well," Sango said, "Oh and another thing, you should tell her that you are sorry for being such a jerk."

"Grrrrr."

"See you Inuyasha," Sango said not wanting to push her luck any farther.

Inuyasha knew that he should wait awhile so he sat down, crossed his arms, and 'fehed'. He should have just let her go home without a fight then followed her. But now after the fight when he goes to get her he shouldn't follow her. If he dared to follow her to her school or anywhere else she decided to go and she found out, oh he would be in deep shit. Kagome would make sure that he would come very close to marrying the lovely ground which he has already become quite acquainted with. Of course for once he used his head and decided against following her anywhere. (Wow! Ain't it amazing? Inuyasha used his head for once that didn't involve fighting. Oh and a thing about me saying ain't- don't ever tell me not to cuz I'll say ain't if I want to. Thanks ;)


Kagome's Time

Kagome ran out of the well house and into her house were her family would be. She told her mom that she was going to school today on her way upstairs. Kagome took a quick shower and changed into a clean school uniform. She then grabbed her backpack, checked to make sure that all of her stuff was in it, before heading downstairs for breakfast.

"Kagome dear how long will you be staying this time?" her mother asked her when she sat down at the table. "I don't know. A few days I guess. Just so I can restock some supplies and catch up on school work," Kagome replied.

"Did you get in a fight with Inuyasha again?" Sota asked. His mother she shook her head when he asked his older sister this though he didn't notice.

"No Sota. Same as always. Inuyasha didn't want me to come home. I yelled at him and he yelled at me. I then sat him, he fell, then I came home," Kagome answered Sota.

"Wow. Do you do that every time?" Sota asked.

"Pretty much."

"Kagome don't you think that it would be better if you and Inuyasha didn't fight?" her mom interrupted her and Sota's conversation.

"I guess but he just doesn't understand that I have to come home every once and a while," Kagome said. 'It would be better for you to stay there Kagome even though you don't know it,' her mom thought to herself. When her mom thought that Kagome, because of her miko powers, sensed a quick wave of sadness. Since it was so brief she couldn't tell who in her family it had come from.

"Have you ever thought that maybe he is upset that you have to leave him," her mother emphasized the 'him'.

"Hhhmmm. Oh uh. I got to go now. See you later. Bye." Kagome said as she grabbed her backpack and ran outside to walk to school. Her mother just smiled at her then frowned a little, 'If she only knew things would be a lot different. I wish I could tell her but she has to find out on her own.'

As Kagome came up to the school yard she started scanning the grounds looking for her friends. When Kagome saw Hojo she let out a little growl which surprised her yet again. Hojo saw her and started walking in her direction. 'Oh great. just what I need' Kagome thought. Luckily she spotted her friends. Relieved, Kagome ran towards them so she wouldn't have to deal with Hojo. She just wasn't up to it this early in the morning.

"Hi Eri, Ayume, Yuka," Kagome said as she ran up to her friends.

"Hi," they all replied.

"How are you feeling Kagome?" Eri asked.

"I'm fine guys so don't worry about me. But you can fill me in on what I missed and what we are doing right now," Kagome said.

"Well we have a math test tomorrow and a science test on Monday," Yuka informed Kagome.

"Oh that's just great," Kagome sighed, "I have a lot of studying and catching up to do tonight, huh?"

"Definitely a lot Kagome," Ayume said.

"I'll lend you my notes Kagome," Eri said, "So will they, right Ayume, Yuka?"

"Yeah," Yuka and Ayume agreed.

"Thanks guys. I owe you,' Kagome said.

"You sure d- oomph," Ayume elbowed her friend. "I mean, what are friends for?" Yuka said. She turned around and started arguing with Ayume. The bell rang and the four girls walked into the building. They headed to their first class which they happened to have together, like most of their other classes. Kagome got all of her assignments from her first three classes which were actually her second and third class because she didn't get homework for homeroom. Before she knew it, it was time for lunch. The bell for lunch rang and all of the students in Kagome's Language Arts class stampeded out of the classroom. Kagome had been the first person out the door even though she sat in the back of the class. She really wanted the oden that her mom had packed her for lunch. Kagome went to her locker to grab her lunch. As she was about to close her locker door Hojo appeared. Kagome was going to try and make a run for it, but she thought better of it.

"Hi Kagome. How are you feeling?" Hojo asked.

"Fine," Kagome replied. 'Does he even remember what happened a few days ago at school during P.E? No of course not. How could he? Hojo is so oblivious. (Hey Hojo is like me. I'm so oblivious too. You would know what I'm talking about Kerry. Me standing in the road with a car coming straight at me. Hehe.) He won't even take a hint. I've been avoiding him by saying that I'm busy when I'm not because I don't like him the way he likes me. My friends are also so clueless. (Wow, Kagome's friends are like my friends. All of my friends are clueless about pretty much everything.) They keep on trying to get me to go out with him, but I keep on refusing. The just wont lay off. I can't like Hojo even if I tried. I definitely can't date him when I already love someone else. I mean I went on a date with him once but I couldn't stop thinking of Inuyasha. They still push me when they know I already love someone. They think I love some rude, ill-tempered, over possessive guy. Well that does describe Inuyasha but oh well. They just don't understand since we are only in 9th grade. Maybe I should introduce them to Inuyasha one day when he's staying at my house on a night of a new moon. Yeah. That will work. I'll have to talk to him.

"Hey Kagome are you okay?" Hojo asked.

"Huh?" Kagome snapped out of her thoughts.

"I was talking about the dance on the 21st. And I was wondering if you wanted to go with me?" Hojo said.

"Sorry Hojo but I already have a date," Kagome replied. 'Why'd I tell him that? I don't have a date. Wait. The 21st? There is a new moon on the 21st, I'm sure of it. Could I possibly bring Inuyasha let alone ask him? Well I guess I have to.'

"Oh okay. Well see you later," Hojo said disappointed and walked away.

After he left Eri, Yuka, and Ayume came out of hiding and ran over to Kagome. 'I thought I sensed them near by.'

"I can't believe that you said no to Hojo. He's so cute," Ayume said. Kagome rolled her eyes, thankful that not one of her friends saw her. 'If you want to see cute you'll have to meet Inuyasha which I hope can be arranged.'

"Hey Kagome you said that you already have a date," Eri noted.

"Yeah who is this mystery man?" Yuka asked.

'Mystery man? Inuyasha? Hehe.' "No one you guys know and you'll have to wait until the dance to meet him," Kagome said.

"But the dance isn't until next Friday so we have to wait a whole week," Ayume whined. "Oh well. It's not my problem. You guys will still have to wait. Anyways he doesn't live here. It takes a long time to get to his home. Another thing is that he isn't coming to visit until the 20th," Kagome said.

"How come you already said you hade a date when you could have never even asked him?" Yuka asked. "You've been too sick to call and ask him and you would have told us first."

"Don't' worry about it. I know that he will agree to come with me. 'I hope.'" Kagome replied.

"How old is he?" Eri asked.

'Let's see. Take off the 50 years that he was pinned to the sacred tree.' "He's 17," Kagome replied.

"Wow he is 2 years older than you Kagome. So what's his name?" Ayume asked with interest now.

"His name is Inuyasha. Now I won't answer anymore questions about him so don't ask," Kagome stated firmly. She didn't want her friends to know too much about Inuyasha. One because he wouldn't like it, two because he is an inu hanyou, which in her time no one thinks exists, and third because he doesn't even come from her time period.

"Hey Kagome?" Eri said.

"What?"

"I was just wondering if Inuyasha is his real name?" Eri asked with curiosity.

"Yeah it is, so what?" Kagome replied. 'What is she getting at?' "Well isn't that kind of strange. I mean who would name their child 'dog demon'?" Eri asked.

"I like his name," Kagome said in tone that said she was getting mad. That ended the discussion about Inuyasha.

"We better get to lunch. There is only 15 minutes left," Yuka noted to the group of girls.

They all ran down to lunch so they could eat because all of them were really hungry. Kagome was really happy to eat her oden. Her friends were just happy that they got to eat. They talked about the upcoming dance. Eri, Ayume, and Yuka were careful not to bring up the topic of dates but they did talk about what kind of dress they were going to wear, how they would fix their hair, and makeup tips. As lunch ended Kagome thought it was best if she went out and bought a dress. All of the dresses she had weren't formal enough.

The girls each had a different class so they went their separate ways. Kagome had math next then three more classes after that before school came to an end. She took her time going to math since it was her worst class. Her teacher told her that he was glad to see her well again. (Of course she never was sick ;) Kagome got a handful of assignments that she had to do. She had more math homework then her other classes put together. Kagome groaned to herself, 'Now I know why he is so happy to see me. He just wanted to give me more work!'. She read over her work while in her seat and understood most of what she had to do. Hopefully she would pass the test tomorrow. Her other classes were a breeze and before she knew it, it was time to go home.

Kagome went right upstairs to her room. She wanted to try and get most of her homework done. She figured that she could study a little too. Kagome decided that she would get at least half of her homework done then she would go talk to Inuyasha. She needed to ask him about the dance. 'No matter what I have to make him come,' Kagome thought before hitting the books.


Sorry it took so long to get this chapter up. I was too busy and could never get on the computer. But I finally did. If you were confused about Kagome's schedule here it is:

Class 1 Homeroom

Class 2 World History

Class 3 Language Arts

Class 4 Lunch

Class 5 Math

Class 6 Japanese History

Class 7 Science

Class 8 Physical Education

This is a schedule that I made up myself. I have no clue on how they run their schools and classes in Japan. Please R&R. next chapter will be up as soon as I have the time, hopefully that will be no longer than a week.

Ja Ne



What's Your Problem This story is incomplete. We'll post the rest as soon as it's ready.


Best Fanfics on the Web, selected by Tim
Tim Seltzer's page www.seltzerbooks.com/tim/timseltzer.html

seltzer@seltzerbooks.com  privacy statement

Google
  Webseltzerbooks.c