Richard Seltzer's home page  Publishing home

What's Your Problem

By Inushoujo Sakura Akina, CatLuver08@aol.com

Chapter 7:

Asking Inuyasha


This Fanfic is a good Kagome/Inuyasha where Kag isn't a halfdemon (as far as I know). That might change in later chapters but seems good so far. Tim Seltzer, seltzer@seltzerbooks.com


Disclaimer: Inuyasha is owned by Rumiko Takahashi. I do own one thing which is another story that I wrote. Yay I'm so lucky. Actually I'm not that lucky cuz I'm really poor. I only have $5 :(


Kagome's Time

"Mom I'll be right back. I have to go and ask Inuyasha something," Kagome said to her mom as she walked pass her and towards the door.

"Is your homework done Kagome?" Mrs. Higurashi asked her daughter.

"No not yet mom," Kagome replied.

"Finish it first dear," her mother told her, "Then you can go and talk to Inuyasha."

"But mom I really need to ask Inuyasha something. It is really important and can't wait. I have half of my homework done and I will finish the rest when I get back. Please, please, please. Can I please go?" Kagome pleaded. She looked her mom straight in the eyes with the puppy dog face.

"Fine, but be home within an hour," her mom said.

"Moooom," Kagome pleaded some more.

"Okay. Don't stay longer than two and a half hours though," her mother sighed giving in to her first and only daughter.

"Thanks mom," Kagome said and was out the door.

"I have always noticed that you give in every time she wants to see that demon. Why is that daughter?" Kagome's grandfather asked.

"I have my reasons dad," Mrs. Higurashi answered and left the room to go do the laundry.


Feudal Japan

'Sniff. Sniff. Oi that's Kagome's scent. I knew she couldn't last a day without me,' Inuyasha thought to himself. He ran over to the well as Kagome was climbing out.

"Oi what are you doing here? I thought that you had said that you would be gone for a few days?" Inuyasha questioned.

'Why is he wondering why I came back so soon? He always asked what took so long even if I was gone for half a day. Is it because he was or is with Kikyo? No that can't be. I would have known right away. He always has this strange look in his eyes after he has been with Kikyo and looks at me. I think its guilt but' Kagome's thoughts were interrupted by Inuyasha.

"Hey wench I was talking to ya," Inuyasha said.

"Oh, gomen Inuyasha. I'm not staying long because I have to be back home within two and a half hours to finish my homework. The only reason that I'm here is because I want to ask you something," Kagome said.

"Okay," was a simple reply from Inuyasha.

"Now before I ask you and tell you about what I am going to ask you do for me and go into every little detail I want you to promise me. Promise me on your life that you will not interrupt me until I'm done talking. If you do interrupt me I can 'sit' you 1 million times or until your back breaks." Kagome said. (Just to inform you. Kagome dint not actually say sit when she was talking to Inuyasha.)

"Fine. Whatever. Now tell me," Inuyasha ordered Kagome.

"Promise me," kagome said sternly.

"Okay I promise," Inuyasha growled.

"Mean what you say," Kagome growled right back. Inuyasha was surprised. No human could possibly make a growl like that. Kagome didn't seem to notice.

"I promise you Kagome that I won't interrupt you and if I do you can sit me 1 million times or until my back breaks," Inuyasha promised with sincerity.

"Thanks. That really means a lot to me Inuyasha," Kagome gave him a peck on his cheek. He blushed.

"So what did you want to ask me anyway?"

"Well I was wondering if you would come to a dance at my school with me as my date. You see I need a date because Hojo asked me. You remember him, the boy I was talking to when you got jealous." 'Of course I remember. How could I forget about HIM? He better lay off of MY Kagome or I'll kill him,' Inuyasha thought as Kagome mentioned Hojo. "Well I didn't want to go with him or hurt his feelings by just telling him no so I said that I already had a date. I could have just gone to the dance without a date because I only told Hojo but being that I have such nosy friends, they were spying on me and heard everything that I had said. After Hojo left they came out of hiding and started to interrogate (wow! That's a big word for me) me about who my boyfriend was. I told them that you were my 'human' boyfriend from out of town that was visiting on the night of the dance and that you would be able to come. The only reason I had even thought about saying that you could come was because I realized that the night of the dance is on 21st which is on the night of a new moon so you will be human. I thought I would be alright because you would end up being over my house anyways. I am really hoping that you will come with me. The dance will only be three hours long. There will be food and drinks there, you can meet my friends, and of course dance with me. The only thing is that you have to wear a tuxedo. A tuxedo is a nice outfit for men in my time; every other boy will be wearing one too. If you don't know how to dance to the kind of music that will be playing at the dance I can always teach you. It will be a lot of fun and if you want to, you can leave with me tonight and we'll come back Saturday or Sunday. Miroku, Sango, and Shippo can handle themselves for a week. I will even let you sleep in the tree outside of my bedroom window or even in my room, which ever you prefer. So what do you say Inuyasha?" Kagome asked. She held her breath waiting for his reply.

"Why not," Inuyasha replied. Kagome let out her breath.

"Really?" Kagome started to get really excited.

"What harm could it do? I need a break from the rest of the group and looking for shards anyways."

Kagome was shocked that Inuyasha had said that but it only lasted a moment before it was replaced by excitement. "Yay!" jumped up, wrapped her arms around Inuyasha's neck, and kissed him because she was so happy. Inuyasha deepened the kiss. After a few moments he pulled away and chuckled, "Maybe I should make you happy more often." She kissed him again before they both got up and headed to Kaede's hut where the gang was so they could tell them what was going to happen.


"But Kagome that's not fair!" Shippo whined.

"It's okay Shippo. Please stop whining, it's only one week," Kagome said trying to calm the upset kitsune down.

"I know but how come Inuyasha gets to come and I can't?" Shippo whined even more.

"Because she likes me more since I'm not a little brat," Inuyasha said.

"Kagomeeeeee!"

"No you're not a little brat Inuyasha you're a big brat," Kagome told Inuyasha and Shippo giggled. "The only reason Inuyasha is coming Shippo is because he is doing me a big favor and know one else can come."

"What kind of favor?"

"None of your damn fucking business Monk," Inuyasha replied.

"I see," was all Miroku said.

Whack!

"Ouch! What was that for my dear Sango?"

"I saw that look in your eyes houshi so don't play dumb with me. I know what that perverted brain of yours was thinking. And don't call me your dear Sango."

"Well, what WAS I thinking Sango?" Miroku asked.

"Don't even go there," Sango said starting to get pissed.

Kagome took note to this and decided to change the subject. "Hey Miroku I have noticed that it only took you a day to gain consciousness," Kagome said casually.

"The only reason he was able to do that is because he has been knocked out so many times before," Sango replied for Miroku.

"Thank you for sticking up for me Sango," Miroku said.

"I was not trying to stick up for you," Sango told him.

"I think you were," he said.

"Well I know what I meant and I know I wasn't," was Sango's reply. She and Miroku kept at it going back and forth.

"I give up," Kagome sighed mostly to herself but loud enough for Inuyasha to hear her, "Now I know how they always feel." (when she says that Kagome means that she understands how Sango and Miroku feels when she and Inuyasha bicker.)

"What do you mean?" Inuyasha asked.

"Never mind."

"Tell me."

"I said never mind."

"And I said tell me."

"My point exactly."

"Hn?" (I know exactly how Inuyasha feels. When I first wrote this I knew what I meant but know I don't but oh well. I bet I'll remember one day.)

"Never mind it's nothing."

"It has to be something."

"No it doesn't."

"Yes it does."

"No it doesn't."

"Yes it does."

"Just shut up Inuyasha."

"No you shut up."

"No you."

"No you."

"I don't have to I told you first."

"I don't care. You shut up."

"Inuyasha sit!"

"Umph. Bitch."

"Is that a compliment or an insult?"

"Insult."

"Well thanks anyway."

As Shippo sat an the side lines and watched the two couples argue he thought, 'Man, they are all really confusing, I hope I don't ever fall in love if I'm gonna treat my girl like the way Inuyasha and Miroku do.'


That was it. it's a little bit shorter than some of my other chapters but that's because of all the talking. I'll try really hard to get the next chapter up really soon. Please please please read & review.

Ja ne



What's Your Problem This story is incomplete. We'll post the rest as soon as it's ready.


Best Fanfics on the Web, selected by Tim
Tim Seltzer's page www.seltzerbooks.com/tim/timseltzer.html

seltzer@seltzerbooks.com  privacy statement

Google
  Webseltzerbooks.c