Reign of Chaos

Part 2 of Trilogy, part 1 = New Age, part 3 = Tides of Darkness

By Sh33p, CultofSh33p@aol.com

Chapter 3

Generalization of the Apocalypse


The great sequal of New Age. It'll knock your socks off. Tim Seltzer, seltzer@seltzerbooks.com


Sh33p Disclaimer: I don`t own Zoids. Consider this disclaimer valid for the whole damn story :P 


Foreword: If I had to suggest some music, it`d probably be Van Fleiheit`s attack theme or Phil Collins - In The Air Tonight. Don`t ask. Just read. 


Roughly around two-hundred-and-forty-or-so years ago, a woman by the name of Maria Fleiheit had gotten in over her head with a Pastor by the name of Leon Vincent. The Paster had been the best friend of her own deceased father, the affair itself was more or less the product of any of the hundreds of oversized, highly alcoholic(and rightfully so) celebrations that had followed the fall of the second Death Saurer.

Pregnant and unable to marry the baby`s father due to church law, Maria had left the Wind Colony in a mixture of shame and determination. Naturally a stubborn woman in her own right, she was also against abortions - which she could`ve easily gotten if she wanted. Instead though, Maria Fleiheit went on to school herself in medical sciences and basically raised her child - a son by the name of Deon Fleiheit - as a single mother, and a successful one at that.

Eventually, Deon grew up, got married and had kids. And then his kids had kids and those kids had kids and so the process went until the birth of Leon Tauros, oldest of two children, brother to Leena, son of Steven and Rina, friend of a good few people in general.

At present, Leon was seated in the cockpit of the Red Blade Liger, a Zoid with a lengthy and somewhat unbelievable history in and of itself. Serving as everything from the first attempt by Hiltz, Ambient and the Dark Kaiser to create a true countering force for Van Fleiheit`s Blue Blade Liger, to later being used briefly by Thomas Schubaltz and Zeke to being a lone wanderer in the middle of the desert to eventually being found - or more accurately, finding it`s current pilot.

At present, the Red Blade was situated in mid-air, lunging sideways at a downward angle.

"I knew Romeo would be one of the first targets," Leon muttered with contempt as the Blade Liger stabbed and smashed a dark green Rev Raptor in the same instant, the blade gouging through the Zoid and forcing it to bend over before blaster fire blew out of the impaled Raptor`s posterior, tagging another Rev Raptor right in the throat and blowing the head off in an instant. A second later, Leon pulled the controls into a series of movements, pushing them back in after a final motion with his hands.

The shield blazed to life a second later, throwing the disabled Zoid skyward and cannonballing it right into a low flying Foxbat, one of the only aerial Zoids present. Most of the other Zoids that had been gathering for a lightning-styled attack on the city, a raid that Leon had coincidentally stumbled upon, were trashed and in ruin. It wasn`t as severe as the numbers that Bit Cloud had been dealing with, and Leon had been graced with both the element of surprise and a great deal more room to manuever.

As such, most of the aerial Zoids were taken down in the opening seconds, and the others followed in a prolonged festival of gunshots and swift strikes, one of which was repeated a few moments after one of the last Foxbats went down.

The Blade Liger hopped to the side and dropped it`s shield, the ground it`d been standing on exploded and another pair of shots rang out, blowing open the guts of one of the only three green-and-stripes-of-black Rev Raptors left standing. There`d been six at the start of Leon`s attack, there`d also been two Foxbats matching in color to them. Given the differences, it wasn`t hard to figure out that those formed the upper chain of command, especially not for a guy who spent roughly half of his free time from the age of four to eighteen studying military tactics like a zealot, and now devoted even more of his spare time to it than he had before.

As a result, they`d gone down first. Lop off the head, the body dies. Simple plan, right?

Of course in this case it was more like: Lop off the head, body runs around for a few minutes flailing and spewing blood all over your brand new shoes. Then dies.

Shots rang out again, Leon vaguely had the time to register an explosion only a few yards behind the Blade Liger, and then smoking, burning debris rained down from above and behind, the remains of a Foxbat from the looks of things. Overhead, a silver blur moved quickly through the low altitudes, barrel rolling and in one fluid motion slamming an orange, glowing blade through the cockpit of one of the last Rev Raptors, killing the pilot and leaving the Zoid to stand still for several seconds before falling over onto it`s belly, essentially brain dead.

"You should learn to watch your back," a woman`s voice sounded over the comm. Leon snorted indignantly.

"One out of three dozen possible ambushes isn`t a bad record," he replied, swinging his blades up onto the Liger`s back and automatically pulling the triggers. In a split second, the last Foxbat was riddled with plasma, falling from the sky in a brilliantly crimson fireball.

"Touché," came the retort as the Storm Sworder whipped around and flew upside down, effortlessly slashing through the cockpit of another Rev Raptor, slicing it`s snout off in the process and leaving the pilot to sit there with an utterly mortified, blanked out look of abstract shock on his face. The Zoid fell over a second later.

"Abbie`s sister, right?" Leon asked, turning and watching as the remaining three or four Rev Raptors took off in the direction they`d most likely come from. The Storm Sworder`s blades folded back out of sight and the Zoid arced high over the Red Blade Liger, slowing down to a minimum.

"Pierce is the name, don`t wear it out."

"I`m willing to bet you`re not doing this out of the goodness of your heart," Leon stated with cynicism in his voice.

"I`m not having my new house blown up by a bunch of drug addled apocalyptic lunatics with a cannon fodder fetish," Pierce explained without a hitch. "Nice piloting, by the way," she added as an after thought.

"Not too shabby yourself."

"Think they`ll attack again?"

"Probably."

There was a rattle of a gattling gun, two of the Rev Raptors fell over, another simply froze in place as high powered slugs drilled into it`s leg and hip joints and the fourth simply exploded under the heaviest portion of the barrage. The Storm Sworder swooped down over the remaining two, knocking them into the air from the force of a sonic boom, which inadvertently sent both crashing to the ground head first, crushing the cockpits and killing the pilots. The third had the misfortune of being in the shrapnel range of the fourth.

"... Guess not," Leon mumbled to himself with a dry tone. He was a protector in this case, not a ruthless killer. Then again, Pierce would`ve said the same thing, her methods just happened to be a bit less merciful, probably a small amount more effective, but still.


A loud crash in the middle of an empty region in the vast desert. Technically all of the desert was empty, Zi wasn`t exactly a place known for being covered in forestry of any kind, this was no different. It was at least far enough away from the ruined convey that there wouldn`t be any interruptions to deal with, and that was all that really mattered.

Two Organoids stood across from each other, the second having to fling himself back up to it`s feet in an obviously defensive posture. Alone and uncaring, the two spoke with their true Voices, echoing in a pair of choirs, one speaking of an utter lack of cohesion and the other speaking of a willingness to make use of it.

Now who the holy Roman butt-fucking-HELL do you think you ARE?! I was THIS CLOSE! I could`ve had a damn cigarette, but nooooooo!

... Cigarettes are bad for you. Not like you could smoke one anyway.

IT`S THE THOUGHT THAT COUNTS, DIMWIT!!!

Whatever.

Now WHY did you drag me out here?! HUH?! WHY?!

Because, I have an offer.

A pause as the green Organoid shifted about slightly.

You ALREADY reigned my FUCKING ASS in, ya dolt.

Then why are you free? Because I allowed it, Spectacle stated, answering his own question before Borealis could ramble any further. I need some help for my own goals, goals which don`t necessarily rely on Vilhelm or his organization. Goals that rely more... On... The proper application of the talents and blood of a close friend of your`s...

You do realize with the proper application of FORCE, I can and WILL cram a three-hundred-and-fifty pound lineback head-first UP YOUR ASS, ALIVE AND SCREAMING!!!

... I don`t have an ass.

... Yeah, well... I 4M D3H 3V11 L33T0R 0RG4N01D, B14TCH!!!11!

... Nevermind.

Spectacle disdainfully shook his head and turned away, walking several steps before coming to a pause.

You might want to avoid trying to rescue your other 'friend.' It seems he`s sworn your personal destruction at any cost.

With the warning given, Spectacle`s body took on a brief glow of an ethereal green before exploding into a streak of emerald over the horizon, carrying off into the night alone. Borealis halted his antics once the other was gone though, doubtfully staring at the ground for a long while.

Well, what in the hell do I do now? The red-blue-and-black Organoid asked itself, making no motions to leave or even glance around. Borealis was free now, but who could he possibly share that freedom with?

Some answers only lead to other questions, all of them harder than the ones before.


Farentown. On normal evenings, the city`s lights would be dimmed by now and the police patrols would be cut to less than half, and none of the local Zoids would be loose and standing in something vaguely similar to a military guard position. Half of the police Zoids were scorched, the other half was at least lightly damaged, while many of the Warrior-owned Zoids bore similar conditions. Rommel`s global ambush had taken much more of a bite out of the civilians` ability to fight than even he had thought possible, but a good many Zoids still remained functional, along with a few local Zoid shops. It didn`t mean much in the grand scheme of things but Farentown was at least vaguely safe for the time being.

"Well shit," Kyle mumbled, half under his breath, at the sight of what remained of the police force situated around the city, enormous clouds of smoke drifting up from the less fortunate buildings that had been set ablaze as a result of the Rommel bombs. The fires had been put out for the most part, but Farentown was still obviously hurting a whole lot more than Romeo City was. Several dozen trashed Zoids, all green or dark green, lay splayed in ruin at the edge of the city`s eastern section, just barely visible in the light of the evening. Most were still burning, so combat had obviously been very recent, no doubt.

"Looks like that Rommel guy wasn`t just some prankster," Abbie mused from the front passenger`s seat, staring at the downed heaps of Zoids. At least fifty had made the attack, all of them and a number of police Zoids were trashed beyond word now. "This really is starting to look like the end," she added dryly.

"Well, gee, thanks for the reminder Miss Frying Pa-" A crack of bone and cartilage. Kyle fell over backwards into the back seat of the Gustav.

"It`s not so bad once your hand goes numb," Mark pointed out thoughtfully, shaking out his newly bruised hand as Kyle`s eyes swirled around in opposite directions. "That wasn`t called for, Markie," Abbie snorted indignantly.

"Ehhhhehhhhh," Kyle wheezed out from the back seat. "Marki-" Another swish of air as the front driver`s seat flipped back, promptly smushing Kyle like an insect. Mark leaned back up.

"Friggin` pests," he grumbled, slowing down at what looked like a hastily put together roadblock on the highway into the city.

"My ribs..." Kyle groaned, falling sideways with the majority of his upper body now laying behind the front driver`s seat.

"Mark," Abbie began with her tongue in her cheek. "Apologize, now."

"But you`re the only one who can call me-" "- MARKIE!!!" Kyle interrupted from his spot in the back seat. Mark twitched.

"Apologize," Abbie ordered sternly, glaring up at her boyfriend from the front passenger`s seat.

"Fine, fine..." Mark began as the Gustav pulled to a dead stop.

"I`m-" A pause, then the seat slammed back down and pulled back up.

"AGH!"

"Terribly-" Again.

"OW!"

"Sorry-" Once more.

"AHHH!"

"For-" One more time.

"GRAGH!"

"Inconveniencing you." This time the pause lead to seven or eight of the abrupt smash-fests.

"OW! AGH! OW! OW! GAAAAH! HALP!"

With that, Mark sat back up and sighed with pleasant relief. Abbie twitched blithely and finally let out an annoyed sigh. If she could breathe fire on him for his behavior, she probably would have...

The cockpit flipped open a second later and a slightly wounded looking policeman carrying an anti-Zoid rifle stepped up, leering uneasily at the Shadow Fox and the Ivory Blade Liger being towed by a black-and-blue Gustav that just happened to have a pair of machine gun turrets on it.

"Who are you and what`s your business here?" The officer asked, stepping up to look at the occupants of the Gustav. He found himself staring blankly at a good looking, well-to-do seeming young woman sitting next to a bandaged up guy with half-visible bags under his eyes and a slightly-bloodied, bruised mess of a bishounen lying vacantly in the back seat, occasionally mumbling out things like 'I feel happy...' and 'I`m not quite dead yet... Really...'

"Just tourists," Mark answered with a jerky crack of his neck, his expression bordering on psychotic in the process.

"Uh... Ma`am, are you really with these two?"

For all of a split second, Abbie honestly considered lying and saying she was an unlucky hitch hiker or a kidnap victim but... No, she really did love Mark too much to do that. Even if he was close to being clinically insane for the time being. Or just acting like it. Whichever was closer to the truth.

"Yes, that`s Kyle Mazemia in the back seat and Marcus Harlock in the front. I`m Abbie Summers, I work and live here, Mark`s uncle lives here and Kyle is just an unlucky friend."

"I feel... Pretty... Oh so... Pretty..." Came from the backseat before a dull thump came when the half-unconcious senior member of the Suicide Team fell headfirst into the floor.

"As you can see, I`m the only normal one."

"... Yes, I think I noticed that by now," the officer nodded sagely in agreement. Obviously wasn`t a very big fan of Zoid battling given that he wasn`t pandering for an autograph. "I`d ask these two to join the security forces but... Um..."

"We`re too special-sexeh?" Mark asked, suddenly leaning forward and grinding his cheek into the face of the the officer.

"... Too crazy fits it better," Abbie sighed, grabbing her boyfriend by the shoulder and firmly yanking him back into the cockpit, causing his head to wobble around unstably like rag doll.

"You`ll have to excuse my nephew," another voice sounded as the officer wiped bandage-goo off of his face with a sour expression. "He`s never exactly been the 'normal' type," Harabec stated as his Rev Raptor walked into view, automatically causing Mark to straighten up with a freaked out look on his face.

"I knew that by now," the poor policeman muttered to himself. "Alright, you can go," he said, walking to the hacked up piece of metal that was serving as a block, both of the Godos stepping out of the way a second later. The officer then worked hard to shove the metal out of the way with a forklift, clearing the road completely.

"Oh, and Abbie!" Harabec shouted, the cockpit of the Revered Raptor flipping open. It was obvious just how abrupt everything had been, the only pilotwear that the former champion was wearing were his gloves. He was still in his pajamas and socks for the most part, and his hair hadn`t dried yet so he had obviously been caught in or just out of the shower.

"The hospitals`re really understaffed right now, think you could give `em a hand?" He asked, practically ignoring Mark and the pulp that could still vaguely be identified as Kyle.

"I`m just a student..."

"But you do have medical experience, they`ll take what they can get right now," Harabec pointed out somberly before shifting his gaze over to Mark and Kyle. "As for you two, get off your asses and into your Zoids, playtime`s over and we need everyone we can get."

With that, the cockpit slipped shut again and the black-and-gold Rev Raptor wandered away not long after.

Mark shook his head with a sigh.

"Since when did he become all military-like?" He groaned.

"Since the end of the world," Abbie replied in kind. "I can drive to the hospital on my own, you two are needed," the green haired young woman added a second later, undoing her seatbelt while Mark did the same, albeit in a dejected fashion - Mark actually liked being needed from time to time. "I thought you hated Zoids?" He asked.

"I do," Abbie muttered out while standing up to switch seats. "But you did teach me how to drive the thing," she sweetly pointed out in that tone that made Mark`s blood boil every so often. The same tone she used when talking about no cotton candy...

"Now hurry up, they might need you soon," she pointed out sternly.

"... Right. C`mon, Chinbitch," the younger member of the Suicide Team grumbled out in a harsh tone, reaching over the seat and somehow dragging the clearly disoriented Kyle out of the floor and out of the cockpit by the roots of his silvery hair, keelhauling him along the concrete of the road like a stereotypical caveman on the way to their Zoids.


Battle lines are being drawn.

Madison grimaced.

We cannot do this alone.

"Any suggestions?" She asked darkly, glancing off to the horizon as any one of the thousand or so battles that had spread across the world like a rampant wildfire picked up, with a helplessly outgunned number of Republican patrol Zoids, one of the few squads that hadn`t been knocked down in some way or another by the global ambush.

We will head to the indefinate point of collision between two or three of the Five. There, we will have to decide our next course of action.

Madison reclined back against the enormous feather crest of the Organoid, that oversized club settled beside her. Despite the fact that all of the feathers were actually some sort of organic steel capable of slicing through most modern armor like nothing, and despite the fact that the things were about as thick as an ordinary CD case, they made fairly good seats and recliners so long as the blades weren`t what you leaned against.

"I don`t like this. If Two and Three manage to make battle, there`s a chance that Five may not survive. If Three is defeated though, it`ll only be temporary at best," Madison answered finally with a sage nod, pink eyes leering uneasily at the nearby battle. Of course, with the sight of an Ancient Zoidian, nearby could mean anywhere from genuine closeness to five or more miles, all viewed in similarly perfect detail. The battle itself was playing out all of a mile and a half away, and it was fierce.

... Five must live. Like the others, he has a vital role to play in the coming events. What they are, what they may be, I am not sure.

"Then perhaps we should just ensure his survival through indirect means."

Sektoriuspalianedraehelviknorcikindeluwomdelar?

"I`d prefer it if you speak names in ordinary terms," Madison pointed out, standing atop Roc`s head and just watching the battle. The Organoid vacantly seemed to 'blink,' that is to say it`s optics briefly blackened and then lit once more.

"Even I can`t speak your language," she added as an afterthought to halt any debate with the Ancient. The language that Zoids used to speak to each other, it could be called Zoidian if not for the confusion that would cause, was usually called Organoidian, because both breeds of mechanoids spoke it. The Ancient Zoidians themselves only new that it existed by chance, but the language itself was unbelievably complex. Every Zoid and every Organoid had at least two names: The name humans and/or Zoidians used for it - and usually the name that other Zoids and Organoids spoke to it with - and the Name it had been Born with.

To give an idea of how complex names and words could be in Organoidian: Roc`s name, three letters in the plain, basic tongue, translated into well over one-hundred-and-fifty-thousand characters in length in Organoidian, and was completely unpronouncable by any sane human being or Zoidian. While most names didn`t translate as being so lengthy, it gives one a vague idea of how crazy such a language is, even though Zoids and Organoids could speak it perfectly.

English had just replaced Organoidian because it was quicker to use. Convenience and ritual usually don`t mix.

I will remember that.

"So you`ve said the last four times," the cave woman-seeming figure replied with a rare bit of humor. Alone and a stranger trying to save a strange world from a true apocalypse that she, nor her beloved Organoid, wanted to see again, Madison Rose, gingerly turned to face ahead as Roc`s silver aura began to tinge into view as little more than a gentle outline, itself outlined by a thin streak of dark blue

"Shall we?"

Indeed. Let us hope that we are not too late to influence the outcome of things.

A crack of what sounded like rolling thunder, and then the First Born and the Guardian were gone in a streak of eerie light.


"Do you feel that?"

Zeke failed to respond. The Organoid that had once viewed itself as Bit Cloud`s birthright was unconcious from exhaustion as the Liger Zero swaggered it`s way through the evening desert, one of five undeniable wildcards in the conflict that had spread across Zi like lightning. The drums of that conflict - the drums of war - still beat loudly in the blonde youth`s ears as he leered at the source of the ominous power in the distance. Power that held an uncanny familiarity to it.

Power that he had to destroy, if for no other reason than revenge.

Blood still caked across his skin as he started to guide the Liger in a slow, predatory walk towards the source of that power, that crimson diamond in the rough. With every ounce of malice his heart could stir, Bit Cloud was intent on nothing short of brutally murdering the source of that power, that hated, recognized, hostile power that so tauntingly sat on the very edge of his newly awakened senses.

It was almost euphoric, you see. The sense of raw power bubbling up in his veins at every step that his Zoid made. Power that was his birthright, power that made the vague remains of his own humanity seep out through the very cuts in his own tingling flesh, however sealed those cuts were.

With a maniacal, sadistic chuckle, Bit - or at least, this monster that had once been Bit Cloud - leaned back in the seat, smiling murder at his unseen target, the foe he would see dead before the night`s end.


"Good, you`re still awake."

"I`m going to kill you," Bill Chapman announced bluntly to his captor. Where most typical dictators would immediately punish him for such a statement, Vilhelm Rommel just laughed mirthlessly. Most typical dictators would follow up such a laugh by having their typical lackeys beat Chapman senseless.

Vilhelm Rommel was not a dictator. He was a ruthless hand guiding an equally ruthless tool of what amounted to mindless destruction at it`s most thoughtful - if such an oxymoronic statement could ring true. Amusedly stepping to the side as the soldier who`d opened the door - a bigger man than Rommel himself was, no doubt - lumbered into the darkly lit prison room, grabbing Chapman by the shoulder and yanking him up from the floor. The enslaved gladiator of a former Warrior only smiled lethally at his chief captor, even as he was being dragged along towards the hangar.

"What do you want me to do?" He asked, almost delighting in forcing Rommel to torture him, if only because his own defiance inspired him to keep going, to test his limits and see just how much damage he could get away with causing to Vilhelm`s image. Along the way, they paused at a cell, waiting for an elevator to the deck that the hangar was situated on.

"Destroy."

"What though?"

"Romeo City. You`ll be coming in at the rear of the next attack we make there."

"LET ME OUT! I NEED THEM! I NEED MY FUCKING STIMS!!!"

A pause. The sound of rusted chains clanking about violently as a figure unseen in a room darker even than the dreary cell that Bill was being kept in. The clanking stopped abruptly though, breaking into a quiet rustling of tortured, agonized sobs that shocked Chapman right out of his kick of defiance.

"Don`t mind Henry, he`s still going through withdrawls," Vilhelm said with a smile, cold and villainous. Something outright satanic burned in his eyes, and in that fire, Chapman found his ice of resolve melting fast. Only a solemn vow of revenge kept him going, and even that seemed to be falling to the wayside.

"Just remember that I don`t have to kill or electroshock you to punish you, Chapman. Those are only for in-field obedience, I can just as easily turn you into him," Rommel pointed out harshly, knowing in some undeniable way that he had just broken the back of Bill Chapman`s will to keep fighting his captor`s efforts.

The elevator switched open, and the three men stepped inside soon after, though the third was obviously dragged in on his back.


Slowly, with purpose in every step, Vega Obscura made his way up out of the crater. The weight that was his armored vest had been chucked aside haphazardly, left near the bottom of the steep slope of blackened glass, frail as that glass was to the force of his fingers. Determination beyond his years lined his expression, youth worn to nothing but a hardened exterior showed on every one of his slender features. If one looked closely enough, they would probably spot the stress induced gray hairs hidden on the back of his head by that strange bowl-cactus style do he and his brother shared.

His brother.

Vega paused with a sigh, he was only halfway up the side of the crater walls - roughly two hundred feet from the start of the climb up - and he was already tired. It was to be expected, but the same determination that had seen him through so much already willed him to carry on, roughly gouging his gloved hands into the glass again and again and again, pulling himself a bit higher on tired limbs every time, his boots gouging into the glass as well. If not for the thickness of the gloves and the boots themselves, his hands and feet would`ve probably been cut to ribbons.

His brother.

Vega sped up briefly, hauling himself every further up the side of the crater wall with no aid and no safety device. Alone, he no longer heard Specular`s voice, nor could he even vaguely register his Bond-partner`s presence through that strange, peripheral link that all Organoids had with those they were Bound to. It was all because of his brother, and Shadow. That damned Shadow. He grit his teeth at the thought of the dark Organoid that had so joyfully succeeded in forcing him to grasp defeat from the jaws of victory. If not for that damned Organoid...

If not for his thricely damned brother.

If not for Kale.

An hour passed by in stonewall silence. And then, at almost twenty feet from the edge of the crater, silence evaporated to a dull, rhythmic hum. Familiar. Vega knew it. Vega knew it and he knew it was tainted. Evil in one of it`s most awe inspiring incarnations.

"Shadow," he growled out, keeping his emotions in check but speeding up nonetheless. He almost scrambled over the top of the crater wall, rolling onto his back with a few hard breaths before straightening himself up on the ground and rolling to his hands and knees, slow to his feet a second or two later. He was still exhausted, but that didn`t matter. Nothing mattered but his mission.

A pinkish red glow lit the area at 4:30 in the morning, thrown off by a purple, glass-like diamond that tilted at an odd angle, whisps of energy circling up and around it steadily. The very glow was warm, but unwelcoming. Almost spiteful just to look at, and within it`s eerie, unwelcome warmth, in plain sight, sat a lone figure atop a solitary stone.

Vega walked forward. A minute and a half passed by before that figure gingerly cracked his neck and stood up, glancing over his shoulder.

Kale.

He was wearing a different shirt, older and baggy, a little tribal looking and brown, like it was taken right off of the long dead Raven`s back, but it was still obviously Kale. Vega slowed to a stop, speaking nothing as his expression tightened considerably. He`d been hoping to get the element of surprise, but the older brother`s senses were just too well tuned, or Shadow was amplifying them somehow.

"Stubborn little shit."

No response. Something in the older Obscura seemed to chill, the warmth in the air fading to nothing but a malignant cold to match it. Vega wasn`t playing games anymore, not headgames, not games of power. The look in his eyes almost perfectly mirrored the coldness in Kale`s own, and with nothing to say, there wouldn`t be a stop.

It was said, many years later, that on that same apocalyptic night, as Sarah Obscura was hastily dropped off at the Blitz Team base by one of the remaining Guardian Force Hammerheads on it`s way to a pre-planned rallying point, something in her own blood chilled considerably, and she leered uneasily into the desert with the concern only a mother could bear.


Author`s Note: Just when you thought I was running out of shit to throw at the fan, look what happens: Kale and Vega are about to continue their already insane battle to the death, Bill is going to attack the same town that Leon and Pierce just happen to be defending, Naomi`s still MIA, the Blitz Team as well(though they`ll probably appear next chapter), Bit`s still off his rocker, Kyle and Mark`ve been drafted, Harabec`s in his pajamas, Abbie`s actually gotten some *Gasp* character development! ... And Borealis has been shocked out of his insanity... I think... Probably not, but still.

Night: Got to you via e-mail already.

Illidan: Glad to see people actually liked the flashbacks :P

EndlessAdventure: You honestly don`t wanna know what Shadow`s warping into. Trust me. As for Rommel being like Prozen... They may have some similarities, but overall they`re not really that close to being like each other. Rommel seems a tad meaner, in my humble oppinion(*points up.* Prozen would`ve just shot the sorry bastard), but that`s up to the readers.

And finally: A cookie to anyone who can actually remember who Henry really is given the obscure reference or two about him in NA. Two cookies to the person who actually remembers his full name :P

That`s all for now everyone, enjoy, leave a review and see ya next time! Sh33p out.


Reign of Chaos by Sh33p


Best Fanfics on the Web, selected by Tim
Tim Seltzer's page www.seltzerbooks.com/tim.html


Discuss books at  Blogging about Books http://www.seltzerbooks.com/blog/
Other book reviews by Richard Seltzer
Opus authors -- contemporary writers whose entire work is great
The Readers' Corner and Writers Showcase


This site is published by Samizdat Express, 213 Deerfield Lane, West Roxbury, MA 02132-002. (203) 553-9925 seltzer@seltzerbooks.com

Book collections on CD and DVD. A library for the price of a book.
Limited time offer: 2 for the price of 1
 

Return to Samizdat Express

Google
  Webseltzerbooks.com