Reign of Chaos

Part 2 of Trilogy, part 1 = New Age, part 3 = Tides of Darkness

By Sh33p, CultofSh33p@aol.com

Chapter 10

Force


The great sequal of New Age. It'll knock your socks off. Tim Seltzer, seltzer@seltzerbooks.com


Sh33p Disclaimer: I don`t own Zoids. Consider this disclaimer valid for the whole damn story :P 


Foreword: Zoids - Force suits the majority of this one. Pick your own for everything else. 


"There`s something else I`ve been meaning to ask you," Pierce began, even as the two of them plopped down tiredly onto a bench that sat at what had once been an ordinary bus shop. Around them, the scenery was... Inspiring to say the least. Firefighters, Guardians, volunteers, policemen, medics - everyone rushed around through the streets, many on foot. Barely a block away, one of the taller buildings in Romeo City was still smoking and looking as if half of it`s guts had been ripped out by one of the explosions from the previous night.

A lingering silence passed between the two, sitting on a bench at a street corner in the middle of the day was normally quite mundane. For the two pilots, though, it was a luxury that they could only scantly manage to afford. Leon let out a sigh that went for both of them, and Pierce merely flung her arms behind the bench and stared vacantly at the building in the close distance. If it fell, it would fall away from them, from the looks of things, but if it fell, a lot of people were going to be hurt or killed. Times had changed, the building was just a symbol of that.

It also wasn`t unique. Fires had sprang back up in several places, and where one of the largest shops in the city had once stood, there was now but a singular crater, imperfectly rounded, a few dozen feet deep and encompasing several blocks in all directions, the buildings around it having to be smashed by a local Gustav crew who knew the things would just burn down and would take too much effort to salvage. It was just one of many such things.

Finally though, the silence broke, and it was Leon who broke it, crossing his arms over his chest and leering uneasily at several of the passing firefighters, each carrying fresh oxygen tanks, and two of them dragging along a hose that looked like it weighed more than either of them put together several times over. A far cry from when they`d been hailed as heroes merely an hour or so before.

"Ask away," he said, though it was more a request than an order.

"You don`t seem like you were headed here from the start," Pierce began, looking for the words. "And your partner doesn`t seem like Queen Charity if she`d leave you to do the fighting alone for so long. So what brought you here?" She asked.

"An epiphany I didn`t understand until last night, when everything started going to Hell."

"An epiphany, eh? Care to explain, O noble hero?" She asked, though the sarcasm in her voice was so laced with exhaustion that Leon doubted she could throw a serious insult or a genuinely humorful joke out if she wanted. He felt about the same, only a bit more drained.

"It started about... Four, five... Maybe six months ago," he started, pausing briefly and wincing as another explosion wracked the high rise building that stood away from them like a dying giant, sitting at the edge of the cluster of similar buildings and the like that inhabited the center of Romeo City. "Back then, I was just a pilot for the Blitz Team, the leader, in fact. Then one day, I met him."

"Him?" Pierce asked skeptically. "If this is-" "- it isn`t. I like women, thank you very much," Leon interrupted dryly. Pierce blinked. "Then why, dear Leon, haven`t you been hitting on me like a normal guy would?" She asked bluntly. "... Okay, so I have no sex drive. Moving along," he switched back to the subject at hand.

"Bit Cloud. The day I woke up to find him missing from the Team hangar, then vanishing off into the desert only to appear again in his first battle - and actually win the thing on his own, I knew that there was something different about him. People like Bit just aren`t born without a damn good reason, you know?" He asked. "The first time I looked into his eyes after he climbed out of the Liger Zero, I knew that Fate had something planned for him, and for me. I wouldn`t have stumbled into him any other way."

"And did you figure out what that plan is?" Pierce asked, a bit disinterested. An ambulance blared by at thirty over the speed limit, she barely noticed. Leon just gave a nod.

"Bit Cloud is either the world`s savior in waiting, born just for this conflict, or he`s a demon without even knowing it."

"And how do you figure into all of this?"

"I didn`t figure that out until last night."

"And?"

"I`m starting to think I`m nothing more than a contingency plan of some kind," he answered, glancing off blandly at another passing ambulance, its sirens shrieking out the roar of another, far smaller explosion.

"What do you mean?" She asked, a bit unbelieving of his view on things. Leon was a bit strange, yes, but then again - so was just about everyone she`d met over the past few months. Even Oscar Hameros was eccentric, and Bit took the freaking cake - assuming he hadn`t eaten it already.

"Take a look around," Leon ordered. "Look into the big picture, if you will. You, me, people like Mark and Kyle, the Lightning Team, Stigma Stoller, Harabec, even dad and Leyon... Hell, maybe even Vega Obscura," he said, though she clearly wasn`t following him terribly well. He clarified it though, without too much effort:

"We`re the B Team. The failsafe mechanism, the people waiting and hoping they never get called upon to take the place of those like Bit."

"I doubt that," Pierce commented. "A situation like this doesn`t leave room for a B Team. It only leaves room for allies and enemies, we`re all either on the front lines at once, together or we`re dead in no-man`s land," she said plainly, putting her own spin on things. Leon just shrugged.

"Maybe, but I`m really not up for debating philosophy right now..."

"Coffee`d be good."

"All the shops have been closed."

"Yeah, the end of the world doesn`t leave much room for business," Pierce commented thoughtfully, leaning her head back over the top of the bench. Leon just chuckled dimly and prayed that he would get the chance to sleep soon.


"No."

["SHOWTIME-"]

He harshly smacked the side of his head, as if physical self-abuse would somehow knock his conscience out of whack and allow him to actually think of something other than his increasing similarities to Kale Obscura. They disturbed him to no end, bringing an endless array of violent thoughts into his normally freedom-consumed mind. Where once there had been thoughts of say... Stealing one of Leena`s chocolate donuts and teasing her by running around and slowly eating it, bite by bite, now there was a thought of beating the girl to death with nothing but his fists.

And what scared him the most about this was that a part of his overacting conscience was agreeing that it was something he had the motivation to do. Where once had been thoughts of childhood desires to run as fast as a Lightning Saix, there were now thoughts of strangling one of the Tasker sisters for being instrumental in his only real defeat. He didn`t know which one, of course, Bit had never been terribly efficient at remembering the identities of women by chance encounters, and he frankly sucked at lining their faces up with their names.

Still, there was a silent agreement to thoughts like that, and it continued.

A thought of wanting unending freedom was replaced by wanting to belt the Wild Eagle`s jaw off with a chain for being such a smug bastard, just to humble him to the docile type of creature that Jamie was... And that thought inevitably lead to the visual of nailing Jamie`s shoulders to a catwalk and shooting him with the machine gun of his own - retired - Pteras until nothing was left.

A thought of wanting to sleep in his old bed on the Blitz Team base would be replaced by the thought of planting one side of Brad`s head on the heating plate of a coffee maker after letting it get especially hot, then allowing the coffee itself to slowly drip down into one of his ears, all the while punching his face in during the process.

There was still agreement though. Somewhere.

It was slowly, torturously eating at his sanity, and through his sanity, it was eating at his very soul. Everything that had ever been solid in his life was being called into question - devotion to his friends, his lack of true material wants, his Bond to Zeke and the Liger, his disgust for his family, contempt for his ex-girlfriend, his cares for Fiona, his ultimate, steadfast belief that he was good at heart, and deserved the freedom he truly longed for.

And in those questions were anger, being thrown at him by something he didn`t understand. Walking along silently until finally arriving at a point near the edge of the base, Bit finally realized where he was. Without a word though, he leered out, taking in the sight before him with a vague awe, one that was muffled to the extreme.

Solemnly, he leaned against the metal, uprisen wall that sat at the very edge of the base. There weren`t any guards on duty, for the simple reason that no one was available. Every soldier on the base was too damn busy, or too needed somewhere else to hold the gate, so they`d left it to the security cameras and given up on doing anything more, it seemed.

Thinking hard about it, for a moment at least, Bit realized that he and Vega had two of the only three Zoids in Garnhelm Base, the other being the Foe Hammer, which was effectively parked on one of the numerous landing circles that dotted the space near the hospital that Vega, Zeke, the Liger and that blue Organoid were near or in.

Vega.

"He challenged me," Bit mused, regarding his own thoughts of the brutalized eleven year old with a strange mixture of brotherly affection - out of place as that was - and absolute contempt. He liked the challenges that becoming a Zoid Warrior had given him, it kept him on his toes, gave him something to live for and kept him from thinking about his own problems. He was starting to hate Vega though, Vega had been a key cause in everything that had happened to him since the Royal Cup...

But no, no. He wouldn`t focus hatred on a friend. He fought that part of him back, feeling the conflicting aspects of that small, blood thirsty part of his being cry out. 'No! I won`t be denied!' It seemed to say to him, rapidly bubbling closer to his surface but...

He didn`t want it to. He wanted to be happy and carefree like the old days. He needed a target, an emotional scapegoat, someone he could vent his rage onto, and inevitably, that fell to a small number of subjects. Like any teenage male who`d been an outcast, those were his family and his ex-girlfriend. Unfortunately for her, the ex-girlfriend was just an inch or so closer to his contempt-o-meter`s breaking point than Richard Cloud was.

"Damned slut," he growled out in thought. "Wish I`d ne-"

*BOOM!!!*

The entire area rattled violently, he felt his teeth grinding together and his ears suddenly popped from a drastic, painful change in the local air pressure, while a secondary shockwave almost threw him further into the barrier wall than before, easily whipping the sands into a brief frenzy that shocked him out of his moping.

The bombardment had begun.


Two thousand of the Republic`s best remaining soldiers. The majority of the Zoids were Command Wolves, Shield Ligers, generalist types of things that did the vast majority of fighting in any war. In this case though, there were also multiple Gojulas units, and Bombard Ghustavs appropriately formed the mainstay of the rear lines, with those same Gojulas towering over them from behind. In front of each, in a staggered formation, were the Ligers and Wolves, out of the direct line of fire from friendly forces.

And off to the side of this conglomerate of devestating firepower, in the sound proofed command and control center of a Europlos, Major Conrad Robertson sat in the thick of things. Disturbed as he was from earlier, he was still holding true to his specialty, and that was precision. Conrad was probably the single most precise officer that had ever graced the Helic Republican military, if he wanted to put a bullet through a nickle or a bomb into someone`s face from over a mile away - it would get there and it would get there on time and on target.

That was why he was the second-in-command of the current operation, rather than another, more experienced officer. General Morgan Hauser wouldn`t accept anyone else to coordinate such an attack, himself included. Robertson was literally only the second-in-command of this mission in name only, everywhere else, he was the one in charge.

"First shots fired," a nearby officer reported, and the Europlos lumbered forward. While in truth it was only scarcely the height of a Gojulas` shoulder, the four legged Zoid was probably the slowest, most ungainly creation that any military had ever fielded. It was almost twice as armored as the Liger Zero Panzer, easily far larger, and it`s armament was severely limited for something of it`s size. An enormous two-way hammer that could only swing from left to right or right to left was situated on the tail, and while it was powerful enough to cave in an ordinary Zoid`s entire body, it was still easily dodged and couldn`t hit anything above or below it without considerable work on behalf of the Euro`s body.

After that there were two fast rotating turrets on top, situated just aft of the command section. The first was primarily a targeting unit, though it could double as an electronic warfare tool since the lasers it used for target and range fighting could also be used for scrambling a missile guidance system or blinding an unlucky twit at several miles away without him ever knowing it. The second turret was both bigger and slower, holding two racks of four extremely powerful, guided missiles, with a gunner in a spherical pod on top who served to keep the things on target.

And to top this limited arsenal off, the only real weapons the Zoid had were a battery of six triple machine guns firing in limited arcs, unable to aim straight ahead. There was a shield generator to offset the Zoid`s insane lack of armament for it`s size, but mostly it was utterly defenseless. The pilot crew sat in the head, composed of a pilot, co-pilot and a navigator, while the command crew - officers and a few enlisted - were situated in the bunker-looking half-circular structure that extended from the very middle of the top of it`s back.

"Impact in five... Four... Three... Two..."

If the vibrantly young woman who served as the weapons observer had intended on continuing to zero, her voice was completely shut out by the silent roar of the explosion in the distance. It was literally so loud that even through a supposedly sound proofed area, it wasn`t only detectable, but so loud that no one in the command crew could actually register it, instead finding themselves temporarily deafened for all of a second.

"--pact!" The woman shouted, as if it was actually needed in the first place.

"Reload!" Conrad shouted over the impending roar of an aftershock. The Europlos had literally trembled from the first one - and for a Zoid that size, with that level of durability, that meant the shockwave had been powerful enough to almost knock every other Zoid on the firing line back a step or two.

Turning around in his chair, he glanced over at the comm-officer. "What`s the word from overhead?" He asked, listening to several clashing sonic booms as the Pteras squadrons and such blazed by in the skies, a Storm Sworder SO-type flew ahead of them, the black-and-white rotating disc atop it`s back and the near lack of armament being the obvious tip-off to it`s designation.

"... Unconfirmed, the smoke and heat`s too high to see through from above," the officer replied quickly. Conrad grimaced thoughtfully. He - like any competent commander - didn`t like being left out of the know about his enemies. "Check with the Sniper groups, they should be able to peek through it," he ordered after a few seconds, figuring that the enhanced equipment of a Gunsniper might be able to see through the haze at ground level, if not the burgeoning miles-high cloud of belching black smoke, which he knew sheathed a dangerously intense fire that could melt even his walking fortress into molten slag in an instant.

"Sniper group is unable to confirm either, they`re detecting a few cold spikes at the epicenter of the blast but nothing else," the officer stated.

"All unit commanders reporting ready status," the tactical officer reported. While the comm-officer technically did serve nearly the same job, the tactical officer`s job was more or less to keep tabs on the specific and important friendly and enemy movements. In short: She was Conrad`s eyes on the battlefield.

"Good..."

He waited.

The flames from the first blast now rose high into the air, rippling through the black smoke in an epic depiction of Hell on Zi, eerily resembling a dragon`s face for a short moment, the flames tearing out in a manner that resembled demonic eyes, staring laughably down at would-be destructors.

He waited though. Not because of hesitation or fear, but because of gut instinct. He might not have been the best interrogator, but he was definately among the best when it came to placing enough firepower onto a single target that even the Death Saurer would cringe to some extent or other.

"Fire."

The order was calm, blunt, straight to the point and utterly universal for everyone who had a gun.

Another muffled explosion of gunfire, the Europlos gently creaked as the entire desert rattled from the first shockwave that came with the entire force unleashing it`s attack at once.


Bit Cloud had learned his lesson. Having gone temporarily deaf and still wiping the sand off of his face and out of his hair, he had learned his lesson very well:

Do NOT sit out front, completely unprotected, in the desert as the Helic military sought to blow the fucking Hell out of something with everything at their disposal. It just wasn`t something you do.

And it was when his ears finally regained their ability to actually hear things below the roar of the Liger itself, that he looked up in time to see the four Whale Kings and the local Hammerheads, accompanied by more Pteras, Storm Sworders and Redlers than he could get a glimpse of to count, all opening fire at once. Missiles, gunshots, beam cannons that were powerful enough to frag a Judge Satellite with terrifying ease - all of it rained down toward a singular, perfectly acquired target that was now out of his sight, but he knew just what that target was.

Another uncertainty hit him, but this time it was the uncertainty that he had prayed for all through the night and the day, never actually realizing that he had been doing so.

"Maybe they really can destroy that thing..."

He barely even heard his own words, but he was smart enough not to repeat his earlier mistake of getting sandblasted, sidestepping out of the way of the entrance, moving behind the outer barrier wall and thoughtfully avoiding the literal flood of dust, dirt, hot air and sand that had just about knocked him unconscious all of a minute before.

*BOOM!!!*

This time it was even louder than before, in no small part due to the firepower being thrown out by the aerial Zoids, especially the Whale King Type II, which probably had almost as much firepower as the larger Whale Kings, despite being less than half the size. Hell, it was so loud that it could probably wake the dead, at least that`s what Bit was starting to think, a small shred of hope managing to outshine his lingering uncertainties of just about everything in general.


The room rattled in abstract, ear-hurting silence. With a wince, it caused Vega to awaken. Dreary brown eyes pried open not long after that, a groan echoing off briefly before he reached up and started wiping away the gunk from his eyes.

"Whuthehellwuz`at?" He asked, words slurring from exhaustion and the ringing that was still going on in his ears. If he didn`t know better, Vega would`ve sworn that the hospital windows had been cracked to some extent or other - with the possible exception of the fact that he couldn`t see the windows.

A lesson in futility, came the stark, blunted answer, Specular`s Voice had changed. It wasn`t his anymore, it seemed an order of magnitude less childlike and a good bit more feminine, similar to his mother`s but still different, like there was an underlying spite for just about everything but him. It was still something he vaguely recognized though, if only because he had heard it before, once or twice.

"Futility?" He asked, shifting his eyes slowly to the right, allowing him to regard the less-blurry form of the Organoid that had been hanging over him like a protective hawk.

They`re trying to destroy something beyond their ability to even comprehend.

"... I still don`t get it," he muttered, staring up at the ceiling blankly. It was at that moment that two things happened:

The Republicans fired off another enormous salvo at whatever they were trying to destroy, and the curtain swung open to reveal the same nurse who had been shocked out of her senses earlier when Bit had practically waltzed out of the hospital as if nothing had ever even happened. She looked pleasant, cheerful even, if not a bit rattled, and it took her all of four seconds to look up from the new set of IVs she`d been bringing in.

As she did so, her eyes briefly twitched between staring at Vega`s newly conscious form, and the Organoid looming over him like a wolfhound, glaring almost hungrily at her. Fear struck, and the woman was about to screa-

*BOOM!!!*

-m but her voice was effectively muted by the roar of the combined impact from the entire assault force.

"---- --- ------ ----?!" She tried to blurt out, only to find that she couldn`t even register her own words over the inhuman blare of the attack. "-------- ----!!!" She tried to scream out again, promptly stumbling back and knocking over the replacement IVs, even as Vega pried himself up on one elbow, using a tired hand to lift away the oxygen mask.

"--- -- -- ---?" He asked, his lips reading an indecipherable question to the Organoid, which only gave a passing nod. A moment passed, and as the woman`s hearing returned, she caught the tail-end of a sentence.

"------ --- --e help."

A flash of neon blue and both were completely gone, leaving only a hole in the ceiling and causing the nurse to promptly faint in shock.


Well, don`t you look like you had some fun...

"Don`t mock me, Zeke," Bit muttered out, still dusting himself off and occasionally pausing to smack the sand out from in and around his ears, hair and clothing. "I`m seriously not in the mood for it," he added dangerously, the enormous form the Liger Zero bearing a certain impassiveness in reply, not quite moving, not bothering with anything and generally just being left alone.

You missed the chance to tell Vega, good-bye.

"Well ain`t that just too freaking bad, huh?" The blonde growled out, unamused in the least at how this day had already turned out.

Don`t take it out on me, Bit. I`ve been straining to keep you healed, Vega alive, the Fury from stoning over and Specular from dying - I`ve had a long night and a long day too.

"You didn`t lose half your blood fighting a psychopath."

Depends on your point of view, Zeke said cryptically, saying nothing else as a blur flash streaked into the skies, arced high and then dove down through the top of the Hammerhead II Foe Hammer, vanishing within and emerging a second or so later, now considerably wider and considerably dimmer. She`s straining herself too much, Bit heard, though it sounded more like a barely concerned, exhausted mumble than a real critique. In all of the second that passed by next, he could swear that time seemed to slow down, allowing him, if only for that one moment, to look up as the blur of energy passed overhead and seemed to echo words out towards his partner.

You know where to find me, just don`t stay here too long.

I don`t intend to. Take care, you beautiful blue bitch.

Will do, you snot nosed silver freak.

Time sped up and Bit found himself at an utter loss for words, observing unattentively as the blue streak whipped off into the heavens and vanished over the horizon to a destination unknown.

"... And you said I wasn`t interrupting anything earlier," he smugly leered up at the Zoid.

I didn`t say anything. Besides, she and I have always been like that. It`s a running joke.

"... A joke, huh?"

Yes. A joke.

"A 230-something year old joke."

Silence.

Oh, shut up.

For the first time in days on end, Bit Cloud let loose with one of those trademark 'SMACK ME!' grins of his, and for a while, at least, the Organoid felt something normal return, if only for a short while.

The peaceful, grinning silence was shattered a few seconds later, not by gunfire, but by an irate yell.

"WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!" Dana yelled, the overweight, middle-aged looking mother of three looking somewhere between ripping someones head off and screaming in utter failure.

"Hmm?" Bit sounded calmly, glancing over his shoulder at her.

"Didn`t you see that?!"

"Oh, you mean Vega?"

"VEGA WAS WITH THAT THING?!" She yelped this time, jaw sagging for a moment. Bit shrugged.

"Don`t worry, I`m guessing that Specular - the Fury`s Organoid - just took him home," he explained without much caring to his voice, casually seeking to put his hands into his jacket pockets, only to realize that Fleiheit-styled body armor and a slate gray t-shirt underneath didn`t exactly have jacket pockets. He grimaced to himself, already missing his old clothes.

"... I... Huh... Run that by me one more time?" Dana asked, temporarily dropping her intensity and mild contempt of just about everything in general, apparently too shocked to keep it up. Bit shrugged again and explained, this time more slowly, as if trying to tell it to a child.

"The Organoid in the Berserk Fury is named Specular. She`s blue. She took Vega out of the hospital, then took the Fury, and right now, she`s probably taking him home."

"B-b-but Vega was... Hey, wait," she said, finally actually recognizing him. Without all of the blood, dirt, and in military clothing, with the new, almost invisible scar along one cheek, Bit was very difficult to recognize for someone who`d only seen him once or twice. It was doubtful that even his own family would recognize him anymore - though that wasn`t saying much. Assuming they were alive. "You were half-dead..."

"I got better. Organoids, I`m guessing, can heal their bondmates."

Bound Partners. I HATE the phrase 'bondmate,' Zeke corrected, though Dana didn`t hear him. The Liger shifted briefly as if cringing at the very mention of the term. "PC much?" Bit complained in reply, easily maintaining the facade that he was paying attention as he did so.

"... Where... Is she taking him, again?" Dana asked unbelievingly.

"Probably home. But... Do you have a family?" He asked quietly. Dana gave only a nod. "It`d be good for you if you went to them right about now and get the Hell away from here. Vega`s in good hands now, probably better than when he was in the hospital, so don`t worry about him."

"What about his crew though?" She finally asked, not to Bit in particular but more to herself. She did need the excuse to see her family again, after all, it wasn`t every day that the apocalypse happened and that made time with her kids seem a bit more important than Vega, who was apparently going to be in perfect health in a matter of hours at most.

"Hell if I know. Let `em make their own decisions, I guess," he offered another shrug. She gave a nod, and promptly left without giving a good-bye. Dana Masterson was weird like that, she wasn`t one to say good-bye and she wasn`t one to knowingly ask for people`s oppinions unless she damn well needed them to do something. In a few seconds, she was gone, and in a few minutes, the Foe Hammer began to lift up from the landing pad, tilting in nearly the same direction that Bit had come from. He guessed they were headed to Romeo City or Farentown, whichever.

"What do we do now?" He asked.

I don`t know, came Zeke`s uncertain answer, and the heaviness from before returned like a collapsing brick wall.


"Ready to fire," the tactical officer reported. This time though, Conrad waved a hand dismissively to her, glancing towards one of the others in what amounted to his current war room. "Cease firing. Check if we can see through the smoke."

"Negative," came the automatic reply from the comm officer, who`d obviously been listening to recon units the entire time.

"Damn. Alright, tell the Hermann to shoot through the smoke - energy weapons only, see if we can`t blow a hole into it to see through..."

"Yes, sir," the officer replied, though Conrad wasn`t really paying attention anymore. A part of him knew that it had been an utter waste of effort, but hope still remained to some extent, that diamond had been destroyed by the sheer volume of firepower that had been dumped on it. It had been enough to turn New Helic City into nothing more than a volcanic crater twenty times over, if that didn`t do the job, what would?

He didn`t have the answer.

All he could do now was wait for one, even as a small, venomously evil laugh echoed at the very edge of his perceptions, so subtle that he didn`t even know if he heard it or not, only that he was unnerved for some reason.

It was the laugh of a demon, and the demon`s name was Shadow.


Author`s Note: Tick... Tock... >D

EndlessAdventure: Nope, Brad`s not turnin` into a Jedi, just fit the moment to have him say that :P And logic? Me? When it comes to a super weapon? Drugs`re bad, mmkay? >_> Vilhelm may get his ass kicked, he may not, and whoever does it is likely not going to be able to actually kick his ass. All bets are off, I`m just waiting for the bodycount to start including significant characters. And I doubt they`re trying to give Death a single target, however courteous that would be, they`re just trying to survive :p

DJ wolfwood: The Uglena is very likely the only Blox Zoid that`ll appear in ROC, I just saw a pic of it and it screamed 'POSSIBLE GUNSNIPER REPLACEMENT!!!' Although it may or may not end up being used in that type of role. Like I said, I have another Zoid in mind that ties in closely to a prequel I may write someday. And no, I haven`t gotten to your fic yet - but I`ll try to whenever I can find the time/stamina to read it :P

Illidan: I dunno about Henry, given that Rommel controls his supplies... But... Well, I`ll explain that later, in another chapter - if you haven`t figured it out already. Borealis isn`t really becoming mellow, per se... He`s just been jolted senseless, partially frozen, knocked unconscious, imprisoned for a week or two, made to force-evolve a wolf, driven insane, battered, attacked by a friend he knowingly left to die in the heat of the moment, seemingly deserted by another, deprived of just about everything and... And, shit, wouldn`t YOU get a BIT tired with the majority of all of that happening within the span of 48 hours, tops?

Well, that`s all for now folks. Hope it wasn`t too sudden towards the end, was tired off my ass and too lazy to re-write it :P Zinou`s perfectionist enough about writing for all of us, thankyouverymuch.

Enjoy, leave a review, Sh33p out and see ya next time!


Reign of Chaos by Sh33p


Best Fanfics on the Web, selected by Tim
Tim Seltzer's page www.seltzerbooks.com/tim.html


Discuss books at  Blogging about Books http://www.seltzerbooks.com/blog/
Other book reviews by Richard Seltzer
Opus authors -- contemporary writers whose entire work is great
The Readers' Corner and Writers Showcase


This site is published by Samizdat Express, 213 Deerfield Lane, West Roxbury, MA 02132-002. (203) 553-9925 seltzer@seltzerbooks.com

Book collections on CD and DVD. A library for the price of a book.
Limited time offer: 2 for the price of 1
 

Return to Samizdat Express

Google
  Webseltzerbooks.com