Author    About Us

Disclaimer: Don't own anything, don't sue

Strength Comes With Time

by Tim Seltzer, seltzer@seltzerbooks.com



Disclaimer: I own none of the Inuyasha characters. They belong to their respected (and overly rich) creators and owners. If I owned them then I'd make a movie instead of a fanfic. 

Chapter 5: Out of Time

"We're not in Kansas anymore." Various Sources

When Kyone woke up, she held her throbbing head, trying to do a mental recap. Okay, first she was at Kagome's. Then Kagome gets grabbed. Then Kyone tries to help Kagome. And finally, goes through the most wild ride in her life...good thing she didn't eat anything or else it'd be all over her.

Once she was conscious enough to open her eyes, Kyone at first slowly opened them...as soon as she saw a glint of metal they shot open. Old japanese weapons on every wall. Katanas of various sizes, bo's, bows, arrows, and spears. On the corner of her eye, she saw a black haired man who looked about eighteen, wore blue and purple robes, and had a smile that would make most women swoon.

Kyone just stared at every weapon, looking at every blade with an increasing drool. "...It's official. I've died and gone to heaven."

The man apparently thought she was complimenting him. "No, you are very much alive...but I could show you a...small bit f heaven."

If Kyone was in the state of mind, she might ask where they were or what he meant by that...but she cared a lot more about the cool-looking weapons surrounding her.

The man still thought it was him that she was swooning at. "Before I demonstrate that small bit of heaven, I have one question." And still, Kyone wasn't listening. Still, the robed man was not deterred.

"Beautiful lady, would you give me the honor of bearing my child?" The words landed on deaf ears. She just kept staring at the blades with an increasing drool.

After a few seconds, the man walked behind her and waited a few more seconds. "Your fascination with swords is understandable, but perhaps you should consider a different kind of sword..." Kyone then felt a hand on her rear. She didn't even bat an eyelid as her elbow swung on its own into the man's groin.

Holding back a scream, he grabbed his nether regions and opened a sliding door behind Kyone.

With a wavering voice, he spoke. "She appears to have regained her strength." He then promptly fell to the ground, whimpering.


When Zack woke up in a hut, surrounded by wounded men in traditional Japanese robes, he had two thoughts. Where was he, and was he at a drinking party where he was the only one not dressed up. Seeing some of the guys on the ground puking and tasting puke in his own mouth didn't help dispel the idea. What he remembered didn't really add up, so he thought his brain was holding out on most of yesterday...or was that still today? If he had been thinking clearly, he would have noticed he didn't have the headache one gets from a hangover.

Slowly walking outside the hut, Zack walked through what appeared to be a village. Okay, so he might have gotten drunk near an isolated carnival. How else would it be that these people he was passing by did not give him a second glance. The air still had a putrid stench, so he might be relatively close to a factory. If he had looked down, he would have seen that the stench was newly-made horse dung.

Eventually, he ended up going away from the village, into a forest. He accounted the lack of stink was due to the trees. Hearing flowing water, he walked curiously in that direction.

Soon he came across fresh water springs, shocked. Now, he wasn't shocked at the fact that there were open springs in the middle of what, last time he checked, was Tokyo. What he was shocked about was the fact that he saw two naked women in the springs. The one further from him he remembered as Kagome. The other had long brown hair, a scar on her back, and looked about 17-18 years old. From the small bits he could hear, the older girl was named 'Sango'. Zack couldn't see or hear anything else along the lines of...details. The two were too far in the water and facing the same general direction as him. They hadn't seemed to notice him, and he wasn't willing to test his luck any longer. As he was turning around, however, his foot cracked a branch.

Before he could process the thought of running, he heard Kagome screaming and going even further into the water. The girl Sango yelled, "PERVERT!!" at the top of her lungs. At the moment Zack took his third step in his run, a rock hit his head. As he fell to the ground, he realized something by adding all the details he'd seen. He wasn't in Tokyo anymore.


An old woman well past her prime arrived in her hut, full of sick and injured men of the village. In her mind, she considered taking an apprentice to learn her healing skills and weapons training...then she came up with two reasons not to. One was she was inexperienced with teaching such skills to one who wasn't an already powerful miko (priestess). Two: she may be old, but not helpless. Training a new village miko could wait at least a few more years. It was not a pressing issue...yet.

As she looked closely, the old woman noticed the man from Kagome's time was gone. Perhaps investigating the village and getting to know where he was. When she thought a bit more about the two newcomers from Kagome's time, the girl seemed more peculiar than Kagome had ever appeared.

That girl was completely enamored by the armory. Every person who tried to get her out ended up regretting even considering it. If the old woman trained the two with weapons, then they would do better than Kagome had when she started. Kagome had stumbled along and asked the old woman questions on how to improve her aim. It had gradually gotten to the point that Kagome could hit better than a military samurai...but that's not to say she had perfect aim.

The old woman heard a sliding noise, looked behind herself, and saw the man from Kagome's time being dragged by Kagome and Sango into the hut.

Sango soon stopped dragging him, and left saying, "That's as far as I'm taking him. I need to make sure our other pervert has stopped whimpering to the rocks."


Me: That came out nicely, all things considered. And the characters are starting to develop rather well...


Tim Seltzer's page www.seltzerbooks.com/timseltzer.html


This site is published by Samizdat Express, Orange, CT info@seltzerbooks.com

Google
  Webseltzerbooks.com