Dimensional Exchanges

By XyoushaX
 

Chapter 2: Falling In



 (Tim Seltzer, seltzer@seltzerbooks.com)


Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto. I do not own Wedding Peach. I do not own any great quantity of money or property. I'm a STUDENT; that's why I'm poor, okay? 

"Takurou, are you sure this thing will work?" Hinagiku asked. She had her light green hair cut short, and her angel battle uniform hugged tightly on her.

"Well, not fully 100, but it's a high probability," Takuro answered. Takuro wore the regular scientist lab-coat, and had his black hair tied back in a ponytail. He always wore the white coat, even when sitting at computers, since he was into chemistry as well as space-time physics. "Sakura's brooch was the warping device itself, and for just a brief moment, she made contact with it," he explained. "If she does that again long enough, we can make an intergalactic communications link with a wormhole and then use the remaining power in the device to make a full transfer!"

Hinagiku blinked.

Takurou sighed. "It means that she touched the brooch once, and if she does it again we can bring her back."

The resulting hug knocked the wind out of him.

"Really!? Oh my gawd Momoko and Yousuke will be so pleased I love you I love you I love you—!!"

Takurou didn't move for a while. He didn't want to get away from his wife's bosom (not so soon, anyway). Oxygen eventually was needed, though, and she heard a muffled, "mmmm, Hina-chan!"

"Hmmm, Takurou?"

"Air!" gasped Takurou. A dot showed up on his monitor. "Hey, we've got another connection -- get Yousuke and Momoko-san, now!"


Sakura threw a punch. It was blocked. With her arm in a lock, she performed a roundhouse kick in the air, which Lee dodged and caught — with his left hand.

"Sakura-san, that was too predicta—" he was cut off when her other leg wrapped around his neck into a very suggestive position, and her remaining free limb punched him in his forehead. He looked a little stunned. The two tumbled down together. 'SCORE! I actually landed a hit on him for the first time, SHANNAROOO!'

Naruto was aghast. "Sakura-chan, how could you!?! You literally wrapped your legs around him! The only reason you hit him was because he was too shocked from your... ah... moves!"

Lee was lying on his back with a faint trickle of blood leaving his nose. He didn't feel like speaking at the moment.

"Hey, I got him, didn't I?" Sakura said sitting beside Lee, with dirt and a mischievous grin plastered on her face. "Naruto, you have to know that women aren't as helpless as they seem. As Kunoichi Saying 201 goes: 'Women use sex to get what they want. Men take sex, because sex is what they want.'"

Lee's nosebleed turned two-fold, and he passed out. Naruto looked at Sakura in horror. 'I wonder if Hinata knows that stuff too... I feel violated already with Sakura-chan just talking!'

Sakura looked sympathetically at the martial artist she was sitting on. It was probably his first time getting hit on, if you could count it as that. "Oh, my... Lee-san, I'm sorry."

Naruto pouted. "You just used whatever resources you had to your own advantage."

"That's exactly what any ninja does, Idiot," Sakura replied. "Besides, that tactic is practically the same as your Sexy-no-jutsu!" 'You were a genius when you came up with that! Or just really stupid!'

There was an uncomfortable silence. Naruto fidgeted.

"Sakura-chan, you're not really... having..."

"Huh?" Sakura asked as she checked Lee. "OH! Oh, no, no. But just to warn you before you encounter a kunoichi."

"Thanks..." Naruto replied hesitantly. A glint caught his eye. "Sakura-chan, what's that?" He pointed at her collar where the brooch was pinned.

"Oh, this?" Sakura pointed at the jewel, and Naruto gave a nod. "It's just something my parents found in the attic and passed it down to me."

Naruto's stomach gave a jolt. 'Stupid fox, what is it?' he mentally asked the imprisoned demon.

'There's great chakra coming this way...' Kyuubi's voice hissed. 'It's strong... and I have no idea what it is! Take your friends if you want, but just run from this place! NOW, BOY!!! Or we'll both die!!'

Naruto didn't need a telling twice. If the Kyuubi told him he was in danger, it was pretty serious danger at that. He lifted Rock Lee and put the unconscious teen on his shoulder. "Sakura-chan, we have to get away from here, now! C'mon!"

Naruto put a little chakra in his legs and started to run back to the village. A startled Sakura followed suit.

Unbeknownst to her, the pink brooch glowed.

"Naruto, what the hell is it all of a sudden?!" Sakura yelled.

"Something's headed this way! I... Something inside me feels it!" he explained.

'Boy, it is getting closer! I have the feeling it is following us!' Kyuubi's voice echoed in Naruto's mind. 'Keep your eyes on what the heavens bring!'

"Damn, we have to go away from the village." Naruto made a ninety-degree angle. He kept glancing at the sky.

Sakura was totally confused. She trusted Naruto's intuitions — his senses were a lot stronger than the average person — but what was he so scared about that he had to run?

"It's getting closer..." Naruto said. "There's something coming from the sky."

"Sky? You mean, like a meteoroid or something?"

"There's strong chakra coming from it, so it's can't be a non-living thing like a meteoroid... oh, crap." He had forgotten that he had Lee slung over his back, and now his legs were tired already.

"Thank you, Naruto-kun, now I can handle myself!" Lee said as he sprung off. He had heard enough of the conversation to know of a sudden possible attack, and began jumping through the trees with Naruto and Sakura.

"Awesome recovery, Lee-san!" Sakura called out.


"So which world is Sakura at?" Momoko asked. She was very nervous. She was happy and relieved that daughter was still alive in another dimension. But how would she react? Not only to a demon coming into their world to fetch her, but also to the fact that her own blood was not entirely human?

They only had 10 minutes before the wormhole closed up.

"I'm not entirely sure, but I think it's ruled by ninja," Takurou replied as he watched the flicking green light get closer and closer to the white light. "He's nearly there to pick her up."

"That doesn't help," Scarlett, the red-haired beauty, muttered with irritation. "We don't even know how powerful they are. Even if Fuuma-kun can control all his demonic power, who knows what kind of ninja are over there. Look at Potamos — before we killed her it was almost impossible to hit her because of her water clones!" Scarlett huffed, and added: "I still can't believe you resurrected her."

"We needed her support when that group of fire-demons rebelled," Hinagiku argued. "Her battle strategies were just as bloody as yours during the great war between Angels and Demons, Scarlett."

Scarlet narrowed her eyes.

"Hinagiku, Scarlett, that's enough," Momoko said with her leadership voice. "Our main objective here is to get my daughter back."


A sparkle appeared directly above the three genin. It disappeared. Then it reappeared, but this time with more force.

"Shit!" Sakura yelled out. The light was getting closer to them, for heaven's sakes! It was clearly aiming towards them.

A burst of air hit the area. Several trees were uprooted. The explosion knocked all three of them from their feet. Naruto and Lee were thrown into a stone wall at the side of a mountain. Sakura flew into a tree, her back hitting it violently.

Sakura felt something warm and wet oozing down her neck. She opened her emerald eyes.

A man floated out of the crater. He had dark-brown hair and hazel eyes. He physical qualities were human, but his appearance and aura touched on the demonic flavor: red face paint, green armor, black clothing, and an amazing quantity of dark-green chakra. Sakura struggled to get up as the dark being took once glance at the two unconscious boys.

His eyes then fell upon her.

The pink-haired girl was awake, but not by much. She saw the demon swiftly walk towards her.

'Oh no; I'm gonna die, I'm gonna die —'

"Sakura... is that you?" the demon asked.

Sakura's eyes widened from surprise and fear. She somehow found her own voice. "How the hell do you know my name?" Sakura spat. She was dizzy and confused.

The demon's eyes turned soft and gentle. "It definitely is you... Pink hair like your mother, and the green eyes. You have the brooch, too."

The dark being reached down, and began to pick her up her limp form.

"Wha... what the hell do you think you're doing, bastard!!! Put me down! Leave me alone!" Sakura tried to reach for a weapon, hit him, anything. But she felt so weak, powerless. It was then when she lost consciousness.

'Four minutes left,' the demon thought. 'Teleport, engaged.'

The demon and the girl turned into a beam of light, and shot up into the sky.


If you have questions, comments, or suggestions, please tell me! If I suck, by all means tell me. In an intelligent manner.


Dimensional Exchanges By XyoushaX This fanfic is complete.
 
Tim Seltzer's page www.seltzerbooks.com/tim.html


Discuss books at  Blogging about Books http://www.seltzerbooks.com/blog/
Other book reviews by Richard Seltzer
Opus authors -- contemporary writers whose entire work is great
The Readers' Corner and Writers Showcase


This site is published by Samizdat Express, 213 Deerfield Lane, West Roxbury, MA 02132-002. (203) 553-9925 seltzer@seltzerbooks.com

Book collections on CD and DVD. A library for the price of a book.
Limited time offer: 2 for the price of 1
 

Return to Samizdat Express

Google
  Webseltzerbooks.com